Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Vamos a Guatemala!

Well I'm here in Miami on my layover before Guatemala! It's amazing to me that this day is already here. I already hear all of these people around me speaking Spanish and it's getting me even more excited to be there. Jill should get here in the next couple of hours then we will land in Guatemala around 8:20. Oh, and I was able to get an upgrade to 1st class! Soon I will be bathing myself in warm towelettes and eating toasted nuts. This rough life I lead.

Looking back on the last couple of months, I am so grateful that I was able to spend some time at home before transitioning into this next phase of my life. It was so important for me to substitute teach and pay off this small school loan and get to spend all the time I did with my family. I am going to miss them terribly. Please keep my Pappaw in your prayers right now. This is my mom's father. He is having some health problems with his back and has an MRI tomorrow to see if it is fractured.

I also have some really great news to share! Sunday my incredible church family at Lake Cities contributed over $6,200 to my mission! This was near the EXACT amount I needed to reach my goal of funding. I was $6,000 short for my first year, and God faithfully provided $200 more than that! I spoke in the adult class and the teen class, then they played a video in front of the church. It was a big day for me and I cannot be more grateful for the family of believers I come from at Lake Cities. If any of you are reading this right now, I hope you know how blessed I am by your generosity. The Lord is using you to answer a prayer I've been praying for years.

It was also a huge encouragement to have my Mammaw, Pappaw, Aunt Net, Jordan, Mom, Dad, and Caullen there with me Sunday. These are some of my very favorite people and I felt so blessed to be surrounded by them on this day.

So this great adventure of mine begins. Keep me in your prayers as I am striving daily to walk hand in hand with what the Lord wills for me. Please do not hesitate to email me (audreymichellep@gmail.com) anytime. I would love to keep in touch with all of you and hear any prayer requests you have.

I'll be back on here again soon.

All my love,
Audge

2 comments:

  1. Love you sweet Audrey and am praying for you and Jill as you immerse yourselves in Spanish. Can't wait to read your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adios Audrey, God speed on your journey! Many blessing to you & Jill. Many blessings to the lives you touch.

    ReplyDelete