Thursday, June 25, 2009

time

Well another two weeks have gone by. I am sad to say that I had a whole blog typed up last week but suddenly lost the internet and lost the whole thing so that is why it has taken me so long! The group came in very early this week so I apologize in advance for how short this post will probably be. The past couple have weeks have been incredible. It is amazing to me how the Lord can work in such a short time span. With my dad and Nathan visiting I received the boost I needed to finish the summer. It truly is hard for me to believe that after this group I will be half way through the summer. Within this realization I have been able to reflect and look at in my life and time here in the Dominican what I still want to accomplish in my mission out here. On of the areas I want to expand and grown in is establishing deeper and more profound relationships within the community after prayer for this last night it is incredible how fast the Lord worked in response to my prayer. Today I was able to sit with Carmen, our cook, in the kitchen and talk to her about her family and her mother who is sick right now. And although talking and holding a conversation may come by easy to most, when in spanish it takes much more time. Well as I'm typing this I just got called to devo. I'm so sorry that I have not had the time to pour my heart out on here lately but know that I am pouring my heart out into this work and these people. I will update you as soon as possible. Please know that I love all of you and the Lord is blessing me every moment I have here.
Con todo mi amor (with all my love)
audrita

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Audrey! Keep blessing those sweet people and shining the light of Jesus on them. Your Lake Cities family loves you and we are praying for you! Have a blessed week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audrey! It has been so awesome to hear what great ways you have been serving in the dominican. You are, I am sure, bringing joy to every person you meet there. :) Miss you bunches cuz! I am so proud of you! <3 you lots, sending lots of prayers your way! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete