Thursday, June 24, 2010

family reunion

What a week! I was able to share this place with my mom and Caullen this week, along with my youth group from Lake Cities and it was incredible. Many times I found myself overwhelmed by emotion in having some of the people I love most in the entire world all within 50 meters of me! It was really neat to see how the Lord moved their hearts this week and covered Lake Cities with His Spirit.

I was really proud in the way my mother had no fear in trying to communicate with the people of this country. She had such a desire to connect with them, her love over flowed on to the hearts of the Dominican people. I was also impressed in the incredible growth of my brother. I see Christ working in him probably more than he realizes himself. I am proud he was able to have no fear in interacting with these people and furthermore continue to be himself.

Not to my surprise at all Matt did an incredible job leading the youth. He is just one of those people you experience Christ through interacting with. I believe Christ used him profoundly this week. I am so proud to be apart of Lake Cities and really felt their energy.

I am so excited about the potential of RSJ! Our main focus has been this city and establishing a church home here. As we have been able to reach many of the children through our VBS programs we long to use those relationships to introduce their families and more importantly their parents to Christ. Please be in prayer of this Sunday as the church in Rio San Juan will meet for the first time. Whether there are 2 people or 30 people, pray that the Lord will meet us there. I know He will.

God,
you are so good to us and we don't deserve Your love for a minute. Thank you for tuning my passion and allowing me to be here to serve. Please prepare the hearts for these people out here in RSJ for the radical change I know will take place in Your name. Father, You are worth it. You are worth the risk. Please help us to be bold and give you all the glory.
In Your son's precious name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment